Class C PCB Layout and design software

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm using Ares (Proteus 7.1) but thats just the pcb program i use .
The spice part (isis) i hardly use it for the spice simulations i'm still to hooked on electronic workbench *blush* (but i never managed to get used to ultiboard)
Here in Poland you also still see a lot of eagle but i prefer the simple WYSIWYG method of Ares .
This is a layout i made about 6 months ago ,just to give you a idea of how it looks .
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1249477&stamp=1183667022

Goodluck :)

I have not done any Class-D, but have done a lot of circuit boards for other purposes.

ExpressPCB is a great service for DIY'ers, as the layout software is easy to use and foolproof. They provide the software and make the boards. It has the drawback of a proprietary file format that forbids using other printed circuit houses if you want to.

Lately I have been using FreePCB, which is a simple freeware. It produces Gerber files that can be used by mainstream circuit board houses. And for getting boards made, BareBonesPCB has treated me well. FreePCB doesn't have schematic capture software, but my boards tend to be simple.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.