Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

The Boominator - another stab at the ultimate party machine
The Boominator - another stab at the ultimate party machine
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th July 2018, 02:16 AM   #6681
Flipboy02 is offline Flipboy02  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Can this Amp & DSP board be used for the Boominator Lite version?

Hi folks,

It's been a long while since I last posted. I am getting ready to build the Boominator Lite version as I have all the drivers. Since the original amp from 41Hz is no longer available, I came across this new board from Sure: 2 x 50 Watt Class D Audio Amplifier Board with Audio DSP - JAB3-250

It is available with a battery module (3x18650). I think you can wire two of these in serial to get 22V. Would it be enough to run the Boominator Lite?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated? Thanks
-Nelton
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jab-3-50-9_1.jpg (99.8 KB, 285 views)
File Type: jpg KAB-250 Pin Definition.jpg (90.7 KB, 288 views)
File Type: jpg KAB-250 Specs.jpg (54.9 KB, 285 views)
Old 12th July 2018, 04:24 AM   #6682
doctormord is offline doctormord  Germany
diyAudio Member

I came across this nice little device too, with the battery module it reminds me on the cAMP by GMarsh.

With integrated Bluetooth it would be perfect, but you can wire up a CSR64A215 via I2S to the DSP expansion header.
Old 12th July 2018, 05:52 AM   #6683
diyAudio Member

What is a CSR64A215? It's not on Sure's site. Do you think two of the battery modules wired in series would be enough to power the Boominator Lite at close to max volume to last 8 hours?
Old 12th July 2018, 05:56 AM   #6684
diyAudio Member

Sure sells a bluetooth V4.0 board with APT-X for $22.90USD. Are there similar boards that are cheaper and still connect to the JAB3-250 w/ DSP?
Old 12th July 2018, 10:07 AM   #6685
lutkeveld is offline lutkeveld
diyAudio Member

Sure has some cheaper boards available: Sure Electronics' webstore Bluetooth Receiver Board

Two battery modules would push the input voltage to the limit. A 5S pack would be optimum for these boards.
Old 13th July 2018, 10:07 PM   #6686
diyAudio Member

@drmord: I know what the CSR64A415 is now. I came across it on eBay. Thanks for your suggestion. I might try it out.
Old 7th August 2018, 12:07 PM   #6687
Cropp is offline Cropp
diyAudio Member

Hi all,

New here but been trying to read as much as possible and gain an understanding of everything.

A friend and I are going down the route of building a boominator - so far the ply and drivers (4 P-Audio HP-10W with 4 PHT-407N) have been purchased and are sat in the lock up and I've been tasked with sorting out the amp side of things.
I've read a lot of people using the maxamp20 and ta2020 and wondered if this is still the best route?
I'm fairly new to 12v systems however do have an ok to good understanding of sound and sound systems.

My main confusion is running the tweeters.
If the amp has two outputs rated at 4ohm and I hang 2 of the P Audios from each to give a 4ohm load, where am I wiring the tweeters in and how will the correct frequencies be sent to them.
Apologies for the noob questions - just becoming a bit lost!
Old 30th August 2018, 01:36 AM   #6688
Steffenland is offline Steffenland
diyAudio Member

Default Bluetooth speaker build

Hi there,

Im gathering parts for a bluetooth speaker build, I thinking to use either 2 x 6,5" coaxial speakers or a 2.1 system with 2 x 6,5" 2 way system with a 6,5" subwoofer. Can anyone please point me in the direction of a decent amplifier board for this? What about this one? 2.1 Channels 68W * 2 + 150W * 1 HiFi LM3886 + 2SC5200 2SA1943 Power Tube Subwoofer Amplifier Board-in Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
Old 31st August 2018, 05:41 AM   #6689
Nenola is offline Nenola  Finland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffenland View Post
Hi there,

Im gathering parts for a bluetooth speaker build...[/url]
Since you posted on this thread, you want a portable solution? Then forget that LM3886 board and look for class D board, like tpa3116. What kind of battery are you using? What impedances your speakers have?
Old 31st August 2018, 05:23 PM   #6690
Steffenland is offline Steffenland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenola View Post
Since you posted on this thread, you want a portable solution? Then forget that LM3886 board and look for class D board, like tpa3116. What kind of battery are you using? What impedances your speakers have?

I want it to be portable but 99,99% of the time it will be plugged in and I dont want to sacrifice sound for the portable option. I got a Focal 4ohm 2-way system that I can use for the project, but I will buy whatever gets reccomended here. Should I look for a 4ohm woofer?

I find a lot of DIY instructions using the tpa3116 and it shouldent be to difficult for me to find the parts but reading on the forum I see the LM3886 gets reccomended?

Last edited by Steffenland; 31st August 2018 at 05:28 PM.

The Boominator - another stab at the ultimate party machineHide this!Advertise here!