Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

The Boominator - another stab at the ultimate party machine
The Boominator - another stab at the ultimate party machine
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th May 2017, 09:38 AM   #6581
REIER is offline REIER
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangad View Post
I didn't round anything but the port (handles), also i forgot rounding the square holes just inside the ports + using too much sealant inside, and nuts and screws and thick cables and just alot of **** to **** the volume up but it still sounds amazing and has good bass!
Good work! sounds good yes? I would not have stressed much about the volume issue. Cables, nuts and bolts will not take up that much volume. alright, its not super tuned, but close enough Next time put the speaker grills inside the cabinet. Also, remember to protect your lifepo batteries. Find cheap protection/balancing module on ebay, then you will have a reliable powersource for the years to come.
Old 30th May 2017, 11:04 PM   #6582
Rangad is offline Rangad  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Reason i put the grills outside is because my holes for the HP-10w's were terrible cut and i just like the look better
Old 31st May 2017, 08:55 AM   #6583
sune1981 is offline sune1981
diyAudio Member

Default Finally finished my half' first build

Check it out..... :-)

Is the designer still around?, i have some things i think could be improved that i would like his take on.

oh - and this thing CAN PLAY
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender.jpg (108.8 KB, 320 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3301.JPG (226.0 KB, 315 views)
Old 5th June 2017, 04:34 PM   #6584
Duffy Moon is offline Duffy Moon  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Speaker Pack now for sale

If you're in the London area and considering a build, I have a speaker pack for sale in the Swap Meet forum:
FS:Boominator Speaker Pack (UK)
Old 5th June 2017, 06:37 PM   #6585
aterren is offline aterren  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sune1981 View Post
Check it out..... :-)

Is the designer still around?, i have some things i think could be improved that i would like his take on.

oh - and this thing CAN PLAY
We don't see much (any) of Saturnus. He has spent the past couple of years on commercial efforts. Fortunately he left us with A LOT of information. Why don't you share your ideas with us?
Old 8th June 2017, 07:13 AM   #6586
Z3R0 is offline Z3R0  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Well he is planning something for the upcoming 10 years anniversary ;-)
An externally hosted image should be here but it no longer works. Please upload images instead of linking to them to prevent this.
Old 8th June 2017, 09:10 AM   #6587
dublin78 is offline dublin78  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Finally finished my half' first build
Sune 1981:That is a really nice design of finish. Did you build the cabinet, or did you cut up an existing? Either way, great job.
Old 8th June 2017, 11:57 AM   #6588
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublin78 View Post
Sune 1981:That is a really nice design of finish. Did you build the cabinet, or did you cut up an existing? Either way, great job.
Hi, thanks.

No i made the cabinet myself - 12mm plywood and a steel grid from the local builders market.

Everything glued together with silicone sealants and epoxy
Old 8th June 2017, 12:02 PM   #6589
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aterren View Post
We don't see much (any) of Saturnus. He has spent the past couple of years on commercial efforts. Fortunately he left us with A LOT of information. Why don't you share your ideas with us?
Ah ok

Working on using a methanol fuel cell, but as i was browsing through the loooong post, i found that this was already mentioned some years ago.

Will do some more research - we need to make this thing perpetual

Last edited by sune1981; 8th June 2017 at 12:11 PM.
Old 12th June 2017, 04:56 PM   #6590
jamdog is offline jamdog  United States
diyAudio Member

Hey all -

I'm mostly finished with my Boominator now. Pretty much just need to sand and paint and figure out the best way to attach the electronics compartment panel cover.

Anyway - I did a sound test and it sounds pretty weak with my cell phone plugged in. I even tried going through a little preamp that my friend had and it gets better, but still not as loud as expected. However, when I use my laptop as the audio source - it gets LOUD!

Is there a certain preamp that is recommended for using with a cell phone as the audio source? (FYI - using a C-AMP as my amp).

The Boominator - another stab at the ultimate party machineHide this!Advertise here!