The Boominator - another stab at the ultimate party machine

I am thinking of using the Goldwood GT-1058s 10" Pro Woofers along with the driver exchange with the GRSPZ1005 and the GT-1001. This should be fine, right? Might use two 12V SLA batteries in series to get the output to 36W vs. the 9W. I have a buddy who studied circuitry in the military; he also has all the tools for the cutting and cabinet creation. Any place for the circular tubing for the resonance?

Last edited:
I am thinking of using the Goldwood GT-1058s 10" Pro Woofers along with the driver exchange with the GRSPZ1005 and the GT-1001. This should be fine, right? Might use two 12V SLA batteries in series to get the output to 36W vs. the 9W. I have a buddy who studied circuitry in the military; he also has all the tools for the cutting and cabinet creation. Any place for the circular tubing for the resonance?

The MaxAmp has a max input voltage of 14V, so not suitable for SLAs in series.

Hi micahbf - at first I was going to use the maxamp20 but because I want more output I am going to use the Sure TK2050 2x100 RMS 12-30V Amplifier - I will either buy two 12V SLA batteries or use one 24V. Also, is there any other amplifier out there I could use other than the Tk2050 that would give me more sound? Also, do the amp hours need to match for the two 12V SLA batteries connected in series?

Last edited:
In series it's still 7.2Ah but 24V (or 25.6V really). The 8W was from the top of my head. That formula is for maximum output, useable output is often that number times 0.8 or so.

The cAMP is the ideal amp on 12V (it will go in production shortly I believe), but it doesn't work on 24V. TK2050 seems the best option for you.

Seems like it doesn't use a TK2050 chip. Anway; don't do that. Remember; you can't get more than 35-40W per channel in 8 ohm with two 12V batteries in series. It just won't happen, even money can't fix that. Higher voltage or lower impedance can though.

Just go with a 24V lead acid and TK2050 setup. You won't regret it. It will go very loud while being pretty efficient at the same time.

Last edited:
And with the S2010's you have to use horns which also add to the cost and weight.

Do you want to use the piezos or the horn tweeters?

The second diagram is for the MINI, first one can be used. Although it's not of much use to you as your system is completely different. Once you have a parts list we can make a custom diagram for you if you want.