UcD400 Gain Issue

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got a UcD400 back from repair a few days ago, hooked it up today, and it has very low gain. I checked all of the gain setting resistors. This is using a SE input, with the - input grounded.

Everything functions perfectly, except it is quite a bit quieter than any other UcD400 I have in house right now.

Any ideas on this? I am stumped after about 2 hours of swapping cables, checking all connections etc.

Thanks,
Paul

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
10dB is a pretty significant difference!

If they have the same gain setting resistors then they should have the same voltage gain (the modules and power supply are exactly the same otherwise right?). Just use a 1V test tone and measure the output voltage. If the voltage gains are significantly different, which they should be according to what you're hearing, send your information to Hypex. Something clearly isn't right there.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.