• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

PSA: Chipamp.com snubberized PSU schematic with part numbers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone:

I've received so much help from you all on my Chipamp project, that I thought I'd make an (albeit small) contribution back. Here is a pic. of the Chipamp.com PSU with part numbers on top, as well as the LED power light indicator circuit and parts.

Hope this helps someone.

Attachments

• Chipamp.com PSU Schematic with part numbers.JPG
    Chipamp.com PSU Schematic with part numbers.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 734
Joined 2019
Paid Member
I think both the schematic and the PCB are correct. If you measure the DC at the outputs you’ll find the +/- orientation is exactly the same even though the outputs are marked (from left-to-right) as V+/PG+ then PG-/V- If you reverse the polarity of your probes you’ll measure the direct opposite polarity from the V/PG outputs on their respective sides. https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/diode/diode_6.html

Will likely work better if the snubber components are connected closer (directly) to the rectifier diodes (source of hf shot noise) and not at the opposite end of the board, inches away from them and the added inductance of the filter capacitors as well.

Pretty nice to have a board with everything on it though, much cleaner looking than some of my setups!

That write up is odd to say the least, couldn’t figure it out really.
Starts out describing what happens, then claims it doesn’t matter...

I trust my ears and suggest that others do the same, could save yourself a lot of money and hassle possibly too it appears.

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.