• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Help Please on my Amp build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can any of you audiophiles help me with this question ? can a Tube Preamp enhance an A/B Amp . I've read conflicting info on this subject on the web with authors saying high end boutique amps use this set up. But after watching a Bob Carver video he explains how a tube Amp works with it accepting return power to the tube by reflection of the driver and an A/B cancels this effect. So I'm confused now thinking maybe a tube preamp would be a waist of money.:(http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ9USqpclWc
The amp boards are 4- Yuan-Jing 3 x TDA7293 Parallel 250W Mono Power Amp Board .
Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Attachments

• DSCN1067.jpg
    DSCN1067.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 330
Last edited:
Can any of you audiophiles help me with this question ? can a Tube Preamp enhance an A/B Amp . I've read conflicting info on this subject on the web with authors saying high end boutique amps use this set up. But after watching a Bob Carver video he explains how a tube Amp works with it accepting return power to the tube by reflection of the driver and an A/B cancels this effect. So I'm confused now thinking maybe a tube preamp would be a waist of money.:(404 Not Found
The amp boards are 4- Yuan-Jing 3 x TDA7293 Parallel 250W Mono Power Amp Board .
Any help would be greatly appreciated....

My answer would be "No."

Tubes have a sound quality to them that some like but they also have higher distortion and less linear frequency response. To the ear they might be pleasing, for some, but overall I think they degrade the clarity and neutrality of modern amplifiers.

pyc6042_SPL.jpg
good grief man capacitor brackets are better than zip ties!!

why is the bridge rect. so far across the chassis from the transformer?

if you want to experiment with a tube pre-amp there's all sort of tube line stage kits and no offense intended at higher voltages bad construction technique becomes lethal fast!

and the ocd part of me wants to lead dress that medusa of wire into twisted pairs (unless as is, it's not noisy)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.