• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Chipamp.com people around?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Shameless advertising alert ! I have a few Audiosector/chipamp.com LM4780 kits (Premium so gold plated boards) and a few LM3875 kits left. Some completely stuffed, some lack some parts and there are also some unused unstuffed boards. Also some Amplimo toroids for these amplifiers. Send me a PM if you are interested. Made a few of these amplifiers mainly for others and they're quite OK.

Found them while I was renovating my house.

I have had nothing but VERY good contact and business with chipamp.com. It was run by BrianGT then. (couple of years ago)

Yes, positive reviews, a solid connection to this forum and recent news posts (as opposed to audiosector and other vendors, that haven't updated their sites in years) made me order with them as well, but sadly Allan hasn't come true yet. I still hope for a satisfying resolution of this conflict, I really want to start building some amps :)

If not, is there a good alternative here in Europe? Specifically, in NL?

If not, is there a good alternative here in Europe? Specifically, in NL?
Check out JP's shameless plug. I also have a LM3875 fully stuffed pcb's lying about (used). In case JP cannot help you out.

Not long ago I had Monitor Audio Silver 9 in my bedroom (sadly gave it to one of my kids) I could choose between my lm3875 and lm3886 amps built on chipamp.com pcbs..driven by a Hifiberry or Duriosound frontend...it was a very good sounding setup...very good...especially for the money.

Shameless advertising alert ! I have a few Audiosector/chipamp.com LM4780 kits (Premium so gold plated boards) and a few LM3875 kits left. Some completely stuffed, some lack some parts and there are also some unused unstuffed boards. Also some Amplimo toroids for these amplifiers. Send me a PM if you are interested. Made a few of these amplifiers mainly for others and they're quite OK.

Found them while I was renovating my house.

JP, thanks for the offer. I'll get back to you when the paypal dispute clears.

There are also My_Ref chipamp groupbuys...also chipamps done right. However it is a way more complex and expensive compared to the really simple chipamps. And I have not listened to the My_Ref yet...but the standard chipamps are well worth buying and building.

So yes...if your budget, time and knowledge extends to tomchr or My_ref's implementations..that is something to consider.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.