• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Chipamp.com people around?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Kas,

I used to run Chipamp before and Allan's contact information is below. Let me know if you have any questions.

Allan Waters-214-478-7050

Thanks Joseph, I have tried that number but couldn't reach anyone.

However, getting through PayPal I did receive another mail from Allan stating issues with the parcel, but again answering goes into nomansland. I have tried now from a separate mail account and the contact form again, let's hope it's getting somewhere.

I can understand that its not an easy task doing this as a side job and I appreciate him doing that - so let's hope it's possibly just a bad time for him at the moment. Would be good for all of us, right ;)

Keeping you posted,
Cheers Chris

Peranders:

What business trip? Allan is in university. The business is run out of his dorm/apartment. At least, that's what he told me.

And lest you think this is temporary, it's gone on with me since a year and a half ago. I still have e-mails that I sent then that never received answers. Someone needs to talk with Brian and let him know what's going on.

Conclusion and hint to European Customers

Hey everyone,
so to finalize my story:
- apparently the first shipment had been sent back - I never received any tracking mails or similar though.
- after I contacted PayPal I received a response and a USPS tracking mail.
- after another few weeks, I have seen the shipment in Germany - only to be returned by Customs after another few days.
- I contacted Allan and PayPal to cancel the order and please give me a reason why this has been returned
- I was returned the money but never heard back from Allan

So, honestly I will refrain from ordering there ever again and would personally recommend any European Citicens not to do so either - I suppose its a compliance Pb or RoHS issue with the PCBs or components sold, which obviously customs checks. You might get lucky, you might not.

Hence, I will do a proper DIY job now - even better! :)

Cheers,
Chris

Unfortnutlatly i didnt find this thread before i ordred some pcb's from chipamp early in april.

After the automated recipt recived by email there have been a lack of communication, i have tried to send email to the adresses
i could find and the contactform on the website.

I understand that posting the parcel can take a few days, i'm also expect that shipping to europe take's a week or two and
i do understand things can be timeconsuming running what appears to be a one man operation but replying to a email only take's a few seconds.

I only asked for the trackingnumber. :(

Still no response to emails and phone calls to Chipamp. My dispute with PayPal is still pending since they give the vendor 10 days to respond.

Anyone else having luck with getting their orders handled? I'd really rather just get what I ordered than to get refunded. This is an unfortunate situation.

Orders...

Well, a few weeks ago my order then finally arrived - despite the online-tool having stated otherwise. The paypal claim went through and I got my money back - so I paid for what I got and could use. There was more in the package, stuff that I ordered but couldn't use on its own and stuff that I did not, and some stuff missing.
Pretty strange, but somehow there was some reaction, and the goods where OK.
I honestly don't know what I can tell you guys - but I think if I want some certainty, I would look elsewhere next time...

Cheers,
Chris

I'm now 7 days into my PayPal dispute. I've sent at least a dozen unanswered emails and half a dozen unanswered voicemails. I've given up hope of ever getting what I ordered.

I guess it's time to start looking for an alternative to the LM3886 kit that I was planning to build.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.