• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Chipamp.com people around?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I still have some built-up modules that I am not using anymore. it might take me some time to find them (I moved houses recently) but I did have a 4ch (4 boards) amp working for a few years before I took it out of service. it was built using the red chipamp.com boards.

if you are ok with boards that are already built and known to be working, PM me and I'll try to locate the box that I packed them in.

Not sure what to say tried to order 3866 but paypal responded not accepting payments at this time I called and left a message with chipamp.com but did not get a call back. I tried to pay through paypal the next day and the order went through. I received a reply on 2-14 that the order was received and I received the kit via usps 2-18. Every thing looks good, now I just have to solder it to the boards

Hope this helps

Not sure what to say tried to order 3866 but paypal responded not accepting payments at this time I called and left a message with chipamp.com but did not get a call back. I tried to pay through paypal the next day and the order went through. I received a reply on 2-14 that the order was received and I received the kit via usps 2-18. Every thing looks good, now I just have to solder it to the boards

Hope this helps

Thanks for your first and only post.

After reading this thread, it seems that there are two general categories of experience with Chipamp recently: 1) service was okay, got what I ordered; or, 2) money and email goes into a black hole. There doesn't appear to be a defining characteristic between the two...

My recent experience was the latter.
- ordered some borads in mid-March and received an automated reply acknowledging the order.
- confirmed via Paypal that Chipamp had been paid
- wrote to Chipamp a few days after seeking confirmation of payment and shipping info - nothing
- wrote to Chipamp via Paypal inquiry about a week later - nothing
- raised a dispute with Paypal and had my money returned

It'd difficult to speculate on what the business status is, but given apparent randomness of responses, I would avoid.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.