• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Basic Info Request

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm casting around for a fairly simple amplifier project to get a colleague's teenage son started in audio electronics and a good quality chipamp kit would seem to one option that fits the bill. Although I have not ventured into chip amp land myself I have built a number of valve amps and DACs so will be able to provide some tuition on soldering, safety and the like.

Having looked around the Chipamp website I can't find any specs for your kits, even basic information such as output power and input sensitivity?

Many thanks.

Ray

Basic stats can be found by googling the LM3886 and LM1875 datasheets from TI. Lots amps based on these two are similar to the reference designs on the sheets.

Thanks lynxkcg. I did Google them before I posted and have a good idea of the datasheet specs (circa 65 and 30watts into 8ohms respectively). Was just looking for the particulars of these particular implementations so I could pass on the info with the project suggestion.

To be honest though, a prospective customer of the Chipamp site shouldn't need to Google for info, especially stuff this basic.

Thanks again

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.