• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Need help with connections (Brian's LM3875 kit)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Long story short: I am moving once completed LM3875 chipamp to a new case and adding second PSU board and second torroid. I had everything working with one trafo and one PSU board and since my electronics knowledge is limited, I am hoping that somebody here could take a look at the attached connections schematic and let me know if I got everything correctly or not.

connections

Because of the CT torroid, I have only four diodes in each PSU board and I have the necessary jumpers. They are just not shown here.

Thanks.

power supply connections

Enclosed are the correct PS connections according to Brian's instructions. I don't know anything about the volume control.

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 274
  • Slide2.JPG
    Slide2.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 269
Byron: Thanks for the new diagram. The problem is that my PSU board is modified and contains only 4 diodes (not 8) so PG- and PG+ are linked with jumper on the PSU board. I do not think there is need to run both to AMP board.

AndrewT: According to the documentation for dual-mono system, only CHG needs to be connected to the star ground. I will try that first and report if there are any hum problems.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.