Full balanced current (transconductance) chip-amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have got a new soudcard with a set of full balanced outputs. As I have wanted to try a transconductance amp for some time I was wondering if I go for it in balanced mode.

As I am thinking will be building a 4 ch amp, input transformers would be too expensive. Can anyone advice me on a good wyz to do it ors point me to some schematics?

Thanks in advance.

swak, wondering if you use a Spice program, like LTSpice? I have some schematics.

I'm presently working on the designs and aquiring parts to tri-amp my front 3 Klipsch/JBL horn mish-mosh speakers using LM4780 chips as transconductance amps. I'm not sure if I'll turn my home computer on tonight, but if I do I'll take some screen caps of the schematics of the transconductance circuits I've been working on. If you use LTSpice, I can e-mail you the circuits.

edit: but the circuits are not balanced ins .... however, I guess I should do so as I purchased a BSS prosys ps-8810
( http://www.bss.co.uk/includes/product_sheet_include.aspx?product_id=32 )
to perform the 3 channel 3-way crossover functions I need (with some minor eq'ing), which is balanced in and out.

To prototype, I bought 4 assembled boards from National Semiconductor. I plan to modify the circuits (cut the copper and add resistors as needed) to make it operate as a transconductance amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.