My Version of Mauro Penasa's LM3886

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nico Ras said:
.....Besides wirewound resistors are not inductive......
wire-wound resistors can be made two ways.
inductive or less inductive.

The way they are wound determines into which category they fall.
The easy, cheap way is to wind a coil on a former and weld on the lead out wires. This is inductive.

The alternative methods involve winding coils that oppose each other to cancel the magnetic field. This cancellation will never be perfect but a substantial reduction in inductance can be achieved. Anything better than 90% reduction will cost more than the inductive wound type.

BTW,
1uH has a reactance of 0.13ohms @ 20kHz.
Imagine (or calculate/simulate) what effect this might have on emitter resistor feedback when the Re is of similar resistive value.
What happens when the frequency of interest is one or two decades higher?
Even 1nH starts to become significant cf 0r22.

I have soldered and assembled amplifier but it doesn't work :hot:
I think that this is due to SMD (very difficult to solder accurate) or burned LM3886.
I don't know what to do with this. I'm so tired from LM3886 (I already have made 2 amplifiers that work ok) but 3rd was unlucky one.
Maybe I should forget about that chipamp and try to make a discrete amplifier. What do you think about this?

Stanley Drake said:
I have soldered and assembled amplifier but it doesn't work :hot:
I think that this is due to SMD (very difficult to solder accurate) or burned LM3886.
I don't know what to do with this. I'm so tired from LM3886 (I already have made 2 amplifiers that work ok) but 3rd was unlucky one.
Maybe I should forget about that chipamp and try to make a discrete amplifier. What do you think about this?

Or you could use a PCB that is tried and true. :) I posted a single side PCB PDF file on the MyRef thread.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.