A quick (haha, no really) grounding question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all, I'm assembling an LM4780 kit from Audiosector - but using half the kit. In other words, it's a stereo amp with one LM4780 chip. My question is this:

Is there any reason not to set the grounding up like this:
http://tinyurl.com/yfx28a

I'm grateful for any feedback or discussion.

For information's sake, three inputs will go to a rotory selector switch - the 'winner' passes the signal on two a DPDT toggle that'll switch between main amp and headphone amp. From there, the main amp signal goes to a volume pot, then to the amp. The headphone signal has the same sort of setup.

This is a lot of wire for the input signal to travel, I know, but it's the best I could come up with. All input signal will travel through shielded wire scavenged from Radio Shack shielded audio cables. Again, any advice or discussion is very welcome.

Yes, I know. That picture isn't of the amplifier on my bench right now, but shows the same grounding scheme I'd like to employ. I'm asking a slightly general question about wiring up Audiosector LM4780 boards.

The signal and ground/common wire travel together from input jacks to selector switch to amp/headphone amp toggle to pot to amp to binding posts. It'd be an unbroken line, no star grounding.

Similarly, the Audiosector PS and amp boards are tied together as shown with just one ground wire tied to the chassis.

Does that clarify my questions?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.