Need help fo 100w+per channel stereo chip amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm a newbie when it comes the real power amplification. I've build simple speakers and headphones amps in the past but it's my first attempt to build an amp.

I'm looking for a stereo amp that can produce 100w per channel at 4 ohms. Based on my search on this site, I will need a parallel configuration to achieve these results. Based on what I saw, it seems that there are no kits available so I'll have to get the parts by myself. I would need help to figure all the parts I'll need to get this little amp working.

You help is really appreciated.

Max

You can by with this
But I think, most would recommend this

I think ideal would be 22v at 200 VA.

I use two 190VA EI types (24V) but have used the 160VA Toroid on the link on several occasions with no apparent lack of quality. Hope some others give suggestions.

PS If you order from PE, you might as well tell them to send you a catalog! ;)

Normally, one transformer is used. It will have to have TWO secondaries. This is where your experienced friend should come in. Have him explain what you need in a transformer. It's the one single most expensive component. So you don't want to get the wrong one.

Either one that I linked to you will work.

It's a beautiful case and big enoug, but you are getting ahaed of yourself.

Best to get the components and asseble the amp,then, concider an enclosure. Don't forget, you need some good heat sinks for these chips.

I lack knowledge of heatsinking techniques so, I just get the biggest I can afford. :D THEN, I concider the enclosure.

DON'T FORGET THIS! You must insultae the chip from the heatsink. Search Sil Pad 400 on this forum or Google.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.