My 2+1 project; FAILED!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

Finally i finished my LM1876 based 2+1 (its a long story) project last night at 02:00 AM... And with a big excitement, i pushed the power switch! In half of a second everything i made has blowed with a big blast. Everything has gone to the otherside:RIP: Because my (nonisolated!) mains input connections were very very close to rectifier output terminals (in fact they were floating) and while i pushing the power switch.......
Thanks god i'm alive but i lost my one month work.
For the conclusion i can say;

- Do not work after midnight with a naked mains cable. Especially while youre drunk!:headbash:

Have a nice day...

alkohol + music listening
might not mix too bad ;)

but
alkohol + amplifier work & set up
is not to recommend

as well as
alkohol + car driving
is a danger to human lives

you'll be back with MK2 of your amp project - for sure
maybe something to do for X-mas holiday ...

lineup :) does seldom take alkohol and not too much, of that poison

Thanks a lot friends.

Attachments

• resim 002.jpg
    resim 002.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 1,091
I dont know.. Something is burned on board but it seems there is no exploded component. I heard a big noise!
After all, i throwed it trash. But as i can see now, the damage is not as big as i guess. Interesting! What do you say?

Anyway... I need a new project but not a 2+1! I want to make a GainClone as many persons did in the forum. What can you recommend me?
Does stereo LM3886 GC plus that suit for me?
http://sound.westhost.com/project97.htm
I will do them with PCB that time. Will they work together as HI-FI? I want to use LM833 instead of TL072 for that preamp project (because somebody said its better).
Whats your advices to me? (pls dont say "buy kit", i wnat to make everything by myself)
Thank you very much..

If it will make you feel any better I destroyed probably 10 chips this last year.... :( But I'm breaking less stuff now...

Made a PCB for Nuuks valve buffer last night only to have it break into oscillation every 5 minutes....

What could I do... back to the drawing board, new design, desolder and tested old components, and just completed the new assembly, now 2 seperate PCBs. Will however wait till tommorrow morning to test, I'm just too tired now.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Interesting. Have a look at Nuuk's site for info on paralleling up SMPS. If you can then I would run them on mains with a stereo LM4780, and use the 18-0-18 to drive a bridged LM4780. You could do that with one set of Peter's boards, or have a look at my SS PCB thread if you want to make your own.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.