pre amp for 3886

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi i have a quick question. Just thinking about starting a chip amp project and wanted to know if it was feesable to use my dennon 2803 reciever as a pre amp? (this being my first diy amp)

I am trying to keep this project as low cost as i can and my denon has amp outs on it. Will it sound ok or is this a horrible way to go?

I am also working on buiding a set of frugel horns to go with this new amp but i havent bought any amp parts yet.

Is there a low cost Pre amp kit for the feebble minded otherwise??

Thanks
Sam

Of course it's alright to use a receiver as a preamp for the Gainclone. It will certainly work.

The problem is where is the receiver outputting a preamp level signal, because if you are using the tape-out there won't be any control on the signal, like volume or balance.

The best way to achieve that would be getting a circuit of your receiver and pick the best place to make your own output, duly buffered.

In that way you can preserve the quality of your signal, bypassing stages you do not want (tone, surround, etc.)

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.