Chip Amp Photo Gallery

davidhugo said:
Nice to see some lateral thinking -it works- sheer genius. Thanks.

dh

Glad to know that worked. Do post a pic.
I'll try out my own idea soon for a MyRef amp I completed last weekend. ;-)

Another thing I found is that the brass insert from a 60 amp electrical
connector strip makes an excellent 6mm shaft coupler. Cheap
and easy to get anywhere!

http://www.reuk.co.uk/buy-60A-JUNCTION-BLOCK.htm
http://www.luxurylighting.co.uk/60-amp-connector-strip-2335-p.asp

Prasad

Here in the US we have Home Depots and Lowes which are home improvement stores. I get some plastic spacer tubes for large screws / bolts and I use that for my shaft couplers as they are not conductive and isolate the shaft from the pot. Magnetic fields and static electricity are isolated from the pot itself.

But I always had the issue of the bushing in the front panel until quadtech posted that excellent idea.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

5 channel LM3875 driving into 5 4ohm speakers, plus a 200 watt discrete block that drives the sub.

No input caps at all, film caps directly across the rails.

25-+ volt rails for the LM chips, and -+55 volts for the sub amp.

This is a chip amp, class-d, but still a chip amp.. Hardest one I have EVER assembled due to size.

I will be boxing it up this month. I have to make 3, one for me and 2 for friends.

Can I tell you I MUCH prefer hole through!!!!

Attachments

• dsc02047 (medium).jpg
    dsc02047 (medium).jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 2,863

I have yet to put on snubbers. I have to get more MKT caps and the matching resistors, though at this point i dont know if i will worry.

The assembly the rotates 3 alps pots at the same time. Its to set the max level of the amp.

LM3875 module with decoupler across the power pins.
The amps are also DC coupled. no Cin.

Temperature controller fans. Run very slow until the amp heats up a bit, which means loud music is playing, so you wont hear the fans anyway.

I dont have pics of it yet, but i have installed speaker cut of relays that stop any thumping on turn on, i have installed an earth loop breaker, and also a turn on surge limiter, as well as a slave circuit, so the amp is only on when the computer is on.

I can draw a circuit diagram of all that too if anyone wants. Very simple circuits.

More pics of it progress here. Big though.

Thats the sub amp, obviously not a chip amp.

I even made my own speakers.