Big gainclone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is a photo of another project in progress,It will be a 4 channel gainclone bridged-parallel circuit with 4 Ics per channel

2 channels for front speakers and 1 for sub and 1 for surround or another sub

Attachments

• biggainclone.jpg
    biggainclone.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 994
steven344 said:
Here is a photo of another project in progress,It will be a 4 channel gainclone bridged-parallel circuit with 4 Ics per channel

How long,do you think it will before it is finished? I would love to know, if the fan will cool 16 chips. I have two 8 chip monos with all aluminum case and heatsinks. the things reach 102 degree with 20volt into 10 ohms.

steven344 said:

You call that big? Why that's just a little wimpy thang! Here's mine, all 18lbs 13.8 oz, 18.5"x7.5"x4.75" of it, one LM3886 on each side. I can't decide if I should use two fans or just one...

You can never be too thin, too rich, or too cool.

I_F

Attachments

• big_amp.jpg
    big_amp.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 713
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Re: Re: Big gainclone

I_Forgot said:
You call that big? Why that's just a little wimpy thang! Here's mine, all 18lbs 13.8 oz, 18.5"x7.5"x4.75" of it, one LM3886 on each side. I can't decide if I should use two fans or just one...

From my experience, you will need 2 heatsinks that size and 2 fans per heatsink, at least. :D We're talking about LM3886s not whimpy LM1875s here. ;)

Re: Re: Re: Big gainclone

Greg Erskine said:

From my experience, you will need 2 heatsinks that size and 2 fans per heatsink, at least. :D We're talking about LM3886s not whimpy LM1875s here. ;)

Maybe you're right...

Shall I mount both chips on one side of one heatsink, then sandwich them between the two, or shall just put 1 chip on each heatsink?

I_F

Attachments

• big_amp2.jpg
    big_amp2.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 580
Re: Re: Big gainclone

I_Forgot said:

You can never be too thin, too rich, or too cool.

I_F

BAHAHA!

I suppose you've got a PC with 32 120mm fans and a OC'd Celeron 366 :p hehehe

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Big gainclone

I_Forgot said:
Maybe you're right...
Shall I mount both chips on one side of one heatsink, then sandwich them between the two, or shall just put 1 chip on each heatsink?

Mate, these need to setup as complete monblocs and have them in separate rooms. Having that much heatsink material in one room could lower the room temperature by as much as 50 degrees and that could be hazardous to one'e health. :D

regards ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.