The Most Powerful Single Supply Amp??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking to make a nice sound boost to my car audio system but I need to know a good amp choice to do it with. I'm only using a single supply by using a 120w DC-DC converter to up my car battery to 24v. So I will only have one positive voltage. I've been working with the LM4752 which is a very nice single supply stereo amp but it only outputs 11w per channel and I'm hoping to get at least double that. I tried hooking up the LM1875 in Single Supply but it only gave me about 9w max. Can anyone recommend a good powerful single supply amp?

-Segasonicfan

I believe you are incorrect, abidr. Looking at the datasheet, on the very first page it is stated:

4 x 24W/4W @13.2V, 1KHz, 10% THD

A very poor rating, so looking further down the datasheet, to page 3 it is stated that at 13.2V you have a typical output power available of 18W at 13.2V with 0.8%THD measured at 1kHz. On page 6 there are a couple graphs of distortion measured at 14.4V supply. Quite poor quality if you ask me, but I guess it's what to be expected of a car cdplayer amplifier chip.

tda1562 can pump in the rated max for only few secs depending on the power caps that u use at its power rails.
i have a four channel amp driving six speakers in my car(4 ohm each).
tda1554q is great.22w/channel,2channels and very simple to make.works of +12v!!
tda8563 can drive down to 2 ohms with 40w/channels,2 channels,very very simple to build.it drives 4 speakers in car.runs off +12v!!
so both can be connectecd directly to car batteries.so total power at disposal for me is 120w rms.
so use of these highly recomended(people ask me bout good quality system in my car!).whats more,i use my sony discman as i/p for both without any preamp and the i/p is sufficient for the amp.
both ics stereo
so choice with u

tda8563 is quite nice, I have also used it in a amp. Phillips have discontinued the TDA1554, TDA1553 and the TDA1558. Try the TA8210, I think Toshiba makes them, they also have a higher power version both of them work from 13.3v, they are also quite common in some small car amplifiers and don't sound too bad either... :)

Wow, thanks guys! This is EXACTLY the kind of stuff I was looking for! These amps will definitely produce 20W or so with <1% distortion and some are even better. I just purchased a 70W DC converter for my car as well which will up the volatage from 12 to 15, 16, 18, 19, 20, 22, and 24v :) Perfect for these amps (So they can get their full 14.4v+ ratings). I'm going to use one of these to build a new amp instead of using the MOSFET inside my pioneer MP3 receiver. Even though it's a rather new and expensive model (DEH-P4500MP) it only outputs 50hz-15,000khz!! It also maxes out at 22w rms with a considerable amount of distortion. I guess companies just don't like to put decent amps in their receivers.... :/

With a couple of these I'll have a tremendous system :)

-Segasonicfan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.