Do i need to build main supply (240v) filter?Or build power distribution?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
:eek: My home's electricity is 220v which only have 2 wire (active and neutral) without earth wire.:hot: How come??
:bigeyes:
Almost every house in my country (except goverment building or company building ) only have 2 hot wire without earth wire.
:xeye: Actually, every house in my country have 3 wire;Active,Neutral and ground wire, but the ground wire is joined with one of hot wire.:smash:
I don't know why they don't provide us a separate ground wire.
Any suggest?To build a power cleaner?To clean our main supply from noise. We must use a filter to avoid noise from our other gadgets like washing machine,lamp,fan etc.:rolleyes:

I found this article from siliconchip about mains filter for HiFi System, but i still confused because i only have two hot wire (active & neutral+earth). Does anyone know how to solved this problem?:smash:

This is the link:
240v Mains Filter For Hi-Fi System

regards
---------
TomZ:smash:

thomgun_lc said:
:eek: My home's electricity is 220v which only have 2 wire (active and neutral) without earth wire.:hot: How come??
:bigeyes:
Almost every house in my country (except goverment building or company building ) only have 2 hot wire without earth wire.
:xeye: Actually, every house in my country have 3 wire;Active,Neutral and ground wire, but the ground wire is joined with one of hot wire.:smash:
I don't know why they don't provide us a separate ground wire.

They want to save 2 cents on wiring costs and use combined neutral+ground. :eek: Now this is a bit crappy practice and for example in here it has been forbidden last 20 years. What kind of like equipment plugs you use in there? Like european "shuko" with 2-prongs (Live and Neutral) and 2ground contacts on both sides?

You can still use circuit as in your link if you have some sort of ground contact in your power outlets and plugs, but performance (and safety) is not as good as if you would have separate ground wiring. Changing your house or apartment for separateGND-N wiring is bit bigger operation but its one possibility.

but performance (and safety) is not as good as if you would have separate ground wiring. Changing your house or apartment for separateGND-N wiring is bit bigger operation but its one possibility.

One has to be extremely paranoid about safety in order to improve upon code. If two wire is accepted then all approved appliances should be safe to use.

Performance? The ground wire is generally detrimental to audio IME and is only there for safety. It is commonly a source of ground loops in a non-balanced system and can cause significant grief.

As far as the original question regarding AC filtering - there are lots of possibilities. Some mains filters may help taylor the sound to a particular taste but none have an entirely positive effect.

Often, particularly in digital systems, they manage to improve perceived noise, 'blackness' between notes and overall 'calmness' but at the same time are detrimental to dynamics, drama and life.

analog_sa said:

Performance? The ground wire is generally detrimental to audio IME and is only there for safety. It is commonly a source of ground loops in a non-balanced system and can cause significant grief.

I agree that it can be bugger in form of ground loops. But I meant that grounded two-wire is far worser than triple wire wiring. In 2-wire system shared ground conductor is carrying ++20A peaks at worst and all kind of like garbage and spikes, whereas in 3-wire system ground conductor is carrying only funny milliamps. Especially if you try to share your equipment between 2 different rooms or power outlets ground potentials between equipment can be "huge" and balancing/isolation transformer is a must.

"It's important to provide a pure power supply using a filter to avoid a noise. Any other mains supply filter??ussually many audiophile use this main supply filter.Maybe this is important for us to get a clearer sound."

to be honest, i use chokes, large electrolytes and ceramic\film caps to deal with this.. and i dont see much garbage on my rails, so honestly my oppinion on the subject is no.

marius

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.