Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

freq. responce help on mini amp
freq. responce help on mini amp
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th January 2015, 11:46 PM   #51
Tenson is offline Tenson  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I'm thinking of building a single rail amp with the TDA7264 and I winder if the experts here could help answer a few questions?

There is no single supply application note in the data sheet, but there is one for the TDA7265 which seems like basically the same amp with external feedback. Since there will be DC on the output the feedback network is tied to ground via a capacitor in that application. However the network is internal on the TDA7264 so I can't do that, does this rule out running single rail?

The data sheet says +/- 22v supply Max. If running single rail am I limited to a single +22v or can I double it as presumably the internal ciruitry is running biased to the supply mid point (I guess this is automatically handled inside the IC because the application doesn't show any bias network on the input).

Thanks!

Actually one final question. I'm looking at this amp as an alternative to my TDA7492 class D board because I've found this has noticeable third harmonic above about 1khz making my good tweeter somewhat wasted. It seems a common aspect of all low cost class D chips. Can anybody comment on if the TDA7264 is better in this regard? I expect it is given class A/B design. I know the TDA7294 is nice.
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by Tenson; 6th January 2015 at 11:49 PM.
Old 22nd January 2015, 11:58 AM   #52
Tenson is offline Tenson  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

To follow up, the TDA7264 had MUCH better high frequency distortion performance than the class-D tda7492.

freq. responce help on mini ampHide this!Advertise here!