apex jr alesis amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have the same amps and chips.. I used the Alesis to create some 2 way monitors with a 5.25" woofer and Dayton tweeters. They work really well for the price.

I am STILL waiting / looking for the insulator pads for the LM3886 chips to finish 8 GC amps for Steve.

I used his torids, br, caps, wire, RCA's, binding posts, LM chips, and input filters to make some amps, but I can't mount the chips until I get the insulators and I'm not ordering JUST that from Digi-key...

Back to your question, The Alesis amps can be used as is and sound really good for the money.

The LM3886 chips can sound great, but then there is ALOT of auxiliary components to add.

If you HAVE to bi-amp then I would go with the Alesis mods.

If you can run full range, I would build a parallel LM3886 amp.

Ya,
it's a little bit difficult to get these insulator pads for the chipamps. I used two SOT93 Glimmer pieces and cut them to the fitting dimensions. They are much more cheaper than specialized insulators (around 5 Eurocent/Glimmer -> 10 Eurocent per chip. Especially for the bigger ones (LM4780)...

Mic

rabstg-

Check out the bergquist web site. You can order free samples. I got 2 4"x4" samples of K10 pad (kapton based), plus samples of three other types.

I cut some for my 4780's and it works great, no grease. Also using it for my Toshiba 2SC2565/1095 MT-200s.

Attachments

• dscn2802.jpg
    dscn2802.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 312
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.