Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

My BGT-Clone
My BGT-Clone
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th February 2005, 08:16 PM   #1
Gcollier is offline Gcollier  Canada
diyAudio Member

Talking My BGT-Clone

Well after reading so many posts here and getting inspired by everyones beautiful work, I decided to post my own clone. It is nothing fancy really, a dual LM3875 with panasonic 1% metal film resistors, and 1000uF FC caps. The transformer is a 160VA from Plitron, which has no trouble keeping up with the amps at higher than tolerable levels. The boards are my own version of BrianGT's LM3875's (hence the BGT-Clone).

The chassis is simply 1/2" baltic birch plywood with solid 3/4" black walnut sides. For a heatsink I used a piece of 1.5" aluminum angle attached to a cutdown heatsink from a long dead amp. The Faceplate is also cut down from the same old amp, but has been polished with a lot of elbow grease

The sound is very good, especially when compared to the other mass produced garbage that own/have owned. When I gave it the first audition my wife actually said "Is all that sound coming from just those two speakers!?" The midrange is excellent, very detailed, and the bass is firm and punchy, but not overly boomy...nice! I am in the works of replacing this with a parallel LM4780 5 channel HT amp This little guy may go to my office with a small...but efficient...set of bookshelf speakers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg top.jpg (97.1 KB, 576 views)
Old 28th February 2005, 08:18 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default And the other views

The Front
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front.jpg (61.0 KB, 437 views)
Old 28th February 2005, 08:19 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default The Back

The Back
Attached Images
File Type: jpg back.jpg (97.9 KB, 432 views)
Old 28th February 2005, 08:20 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default Amplifier Channel

Here is the Left channel. These boards were produced using BrianGT's LM3875 design..Nice work Brian, Peter and the rest who contributed to this design!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg channel.jpg (87.2 KB, 487 views)

My BGT-CloneHide this!Advertise here!