LM4780 Bridged PCB Design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is my design for a bridged LM4780. The circut follows the data sheet with the exception that the two GND pins go to the signal ground via a resistor (1-3ohm). I also opted not to put the caps on the input, I may yet add them to the board.
Also I'm sure you will notice that the supply caps are quite small, I could change the orientation and add larger ones, but I was intending on using a regulated supply. My main question is regarding the 2 caps CSN1 and CSN2, these go from the resistors on the output to ground, the recomended value is 0.1uF...what type of cap should I be using here, and have I allowed enough space for them.

The boards are about 2/3 the size of the BrianGT LM3875.

If anyone is interested I can post the Eagle PCB file.

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• lm4780 bridged.jpg
    lm4780 bridged.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 773
Re: LM4780 ChipAmp

SonicBooMan said:
Could you post a PDF file of your board with dimensions? I don't have a way to view the eagle PCB file.

I'm interested in building multi-channel amps using these.

Thanks,

SonicBooMan

Glad to see somone is showing some interest. You would be better off downloading a copy of Eagle from cadsoft.de it is free software. This will allow you to print and modify this design however you see fit. I have yet to etch any boards with this design, and am currently looking for suggestions as to the layout, grounding etc. I will post any progress here. My plan is also to use these for a multichannel amp, perhaps 6 channels with a 750 VA transformer for 3 channels :devilr: Obviously this will be for an HT setup. I realize that BrianGT has some very nice parallel boards but I am looking for something with a bit more output, impedence is not a problem as all my speakers are well behaved 8ohm.

G.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.