Grounding When Doing Mono Blocks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm building a LM3875 mono blocks and am having some questions on how to properly ground it.

I'm thinking of having the two toriods in one box and havng two umbilicord cables connecting to the two blocks.

Now is there one star ground for the whole thing or more for each case? one for each case and in turn all connected together?

I want to make sure its case is safe from conducting a voltage.

Thanks.

Treat the amps as two monblocks even though the transformers are in the same case.

The transformer case must be connected to the mains earth for safety (if using two mains leads, just connect one earth) and your umbilicals to each amp case must carry mains earth as well.

In the amps, connect the case to the mains earth and to the power ground star via a resistor and cap as shown on my site. ;)

Thanks for the replies.
Nuuk your site has been a great resource since I've started this project, thanks for taking the time to doing it.

Heres a pic of what I think you mean:

The ground symbol represents connection to the case.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Is this correct?
Also does anything else get connected to the ground in the power supply case?

Hello,

I would like to use the umbilical connection for my 3886 GC. I already have a pair of 4-pole connectors to make two umbilicals.

I see on the Platenspeler.Com site this has been done (with 4-pole connector) but I cannot see/understand which conductors can be coupled or how for the (5°) star ground.

I excuse my ignorance.

Pole/Line (for each channel)
1°/V+
2°/V-
3°/PGND+
4°/PGND-

and for the GND???

Thanks to all!

mv:confused:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.