My new hifi amplifier (pictures)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

constructive criticism is of course always okay and welcome. But Upupa Epops said in one of his posts that he would not have shown such an amp here and I think there is nothing wrong with posting pictures. Sure there is always something that could be done better. But at least the wiring can't be too bad because there is no noise or hum at all. The sound is very clear. :)

As for the schematic, currently I have drawn a schematic only for the controller board with the computer (as I have made that PCB with EAGLE), but I plan to do it for the other parts too. When I have done that I can post them here of course.

Hey wejp-

I would appreciate the post of the PCB for the controller board and the others when available.

I am just learning to use Eagle. I have always used ExpressPCB but have decided to try another PCB manufacturer.

I was thinking how Ironic it is that I would have taken more time and precaution with the wiring, yet I doubt I would have attempted such a big project in one go.

I applaud your "cohunes" in stepping off into such a grand project but simply mention that the wow factor would be GREATLY enhanced with slight changes in wiring technique.

The reason I build multiple versions of something are strictly because of two reasons.

1. First and foremost I always figure out a better method of doing something.

2. Because of reason #1, I have an excuse to give away the previous revision to a friend. Which makes 2 people happy(friend and I), and one(wife) mad.

Thanks,

Troy

Wejp said:
Hi everyone,

constructive criticism is of course always okay and welcome. But Upupa Epops said in one of his posts that he would not have shown such an amp here and I think there is nothing wrong with posting pictures. Sure there is always something that could be done better. But at least the wiring can't be too bad because there is no noise or hum at all. The sound is very clear. :)

As for the schematic, currently I have drawn a schematic only for the controller board with the computer (as I have made that PCB with EAGLE), but I plan to do it for the other parts too. When I have done that I can post them here of course.

Hello there,

I think Upupa Epops meant well with what he stated here in this thread. Although his english is slighty better than mine I think his remarks should/could be taken as constructive yet criticism for the better. He is just trying to raise the standard of our diy audio effort.
I would like to take this opportunity to congratuate you with your nice effort. But I would also take note of what Upupa Epops mentioned and pay more attention to wiring if I were you. he warns that bad habits will be hard to cure and better to start up with a proper (well) habits.

Best regards,
Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.