Sony NS900 OPA2134 or AD8066?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Drioannis said:
I want to upgrade my DVD-SACD-CD player with better opamps.Do you have any expirience on these opamps.What character in sound do they have?

8065 is single while 8066 is double.

They are great opamps, probably the real top now.
But - they are very very sensitive to capacitive load. So follow the datasheet recommendations and separate every cable, even as short as 10 cm, by resistor in series with opamp output. Direct replacement for older opamps in a socket may bring oscillations.

Hmm... Knowledge comes with pain...

How about the LCaudio module. Is there something that helps to prevent any oscillation.

The attachment is a picture of the players analog output. Any comment on that. Should I replace some parts when I replace the OPAmp with LCaudio module.

Any help is greatly appreciated !

:)

Edit: My preamp is passive 10 kohms. Any problems to be expected?

http://kotiweb.kotiportti.fi/audiovideo/DIY/preamp1/

problems with image...

Attachments

• image4.png
    image4.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 554
How is the dc offset measured?

Those caps are Nichicon Fine Gold caps. they should pretty ok, but I'm considering changing them to Black Gate caps. I don't dare to remove the caps completely :cannotbe:

Picture of the original OPA and the place where it used to be:
alkup_pois.jpg

I had to put a holder under the AD8065 to lift it above the caps.
pidike.jpg

AD8065 at its new home:
http://kotiweb.kotiportti.fi/audiovideo/DIY/cdout/paikallaan.jpg

I have to burn in the new OPA before I say anything about its sound.

Confused about muting transistors...

I would like to get rid of those nasty muting transistors. I tried to search for a thread with instructions how to change the transistors to ralays but I didn't find any.
Any good links to internet pages with instructions how to do this thing??

From LC Audio AD8065 web page:
"Modules with DIP pinout for direct mounting in CD / SACD / DVD players. Silver / MICA decoupling capacitors are included for trouble free installation in any model with through hole mounted op-amps"

Are there some capacitors left in the output that should be removed?

Burning in the new OPA has changed the sound. Soundstaging didn't change IMHO but the background might be a little darker. The sound is definitely more dynamic and accurate but I would say that separation had become better. Need to do some burning before I say anything more.

DIAR: You could try to first simply remove the muting transistors, if you notice any problems caused, then you can later add relays. If there arent any problems, just do without them :D

My dvd963sa has been playing with new op-amps (ad8066 as I/V and ad8620 as output stage) and without muting transistors for about 3 weeks now, and no problems has accured. The only time I notice any distorition caused by no muting transistors, is if I turn off the dvd player before the preamp..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.