TDA2005 analysis

Hello,
I did some analysis of the old TDA2005. My main reason was to find why is immortal. Still have no answer about this but it is interesting chip. It has all the spirit of the late '70s and the early '80s.
There is something like a SPICE model in the attached files. I generated them strictly for the analysis, no pretention for compliance.
I hope someone can find the files useful.
Cheers.

Attachments

• sim_export_2.zip
    261.1 KB · Views: 57
  • Analysis of TDA2003 and TDA2005 fob.pdf
    440.4 KB · Views: 446

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Power Integrated Circuits: Physics, Design, and Applications { 9780070021297} by Paolo Antognetti has some comments on power ICs, including *I think* the TDA2003. It's not as simple as throwing discretes together. The 1986 book largely precedes SPICE, but authors Giuseppe Massabrio and Paolo Antognetti have other books with SPICE treatment, for example Semiconductor Device Modeling with Spice {9780071349550}

Hello PRR,
Fortunately i don't claim that this is a SPICE model. I only answered some questions like why there is a DC coupled divider on the output, but there is no external DC feedback. And why there is current adjustment on the SVRR pin. And why the input impedance of the inverting input is low.
I'll take a look at the book, thanks.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I found my copy. Yes it mentions the '2003 and '2005, after going through many general points including how it finds a bias point and sucks-up negative feedback. Here's a peek:

Attachments

• PowIntCir-Antognetti.gif
    PowIntCir-Antognetti.gif
    333.3 KB · Views: 122
Last edited: