Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

TDA7293/94 aliexpress warning
TDA7293/94 aliexpress warning
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Yesterday, 07:17 AM   #11
jean-paul is offline jean-paul  Netherlands
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Yes the curse of today... either extremely expensive simple parts from a real distributor with minimum order quantity etc. or cheap fake parts .... Hobby people switched to online shopping because that was "easy" and cheaper and cheap = good. This affected the companies that had real shops with real employees, real energy bills and rent to pay. The industry moved over assembly of devices to China as costs were lower and personnel was also cheaper so profit was way higher and those strict environmental regulations could be bypassed as no one seemed to care over there. The small physical shops that were in between and somehow survived slowly have vanished. Since covid the last remaining warriors also have shut down. Now material shortness and energy problems in China where, again for economic reasons, almost everything is produced....

All in all sometimes unforeseen (or was it planned?) developments that have impact on the hobby. Not to mention the industry that has to go to great lengths to obtain simple parts.

Maybe it is a sign that supporting local companies and keep globalism out could be wise choices that after all are in your own personal interest. That "easy & cheap" have become "difficult & expensive" eventually, filling the pockets of a small number of people but none of them in your vicinity. Those in your vicinity have the same issues as you with high(er) energy bills, difficulty to find a job, devices that break down early.....

Last edited by jean-paul; Yesterday at 07:37 AM.
Old Yesterday, 11:24 AM   #12
nigelwright7557 is offline nigelwright7557  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emosms View Post
If you are buying chips only from aliexpress, more than 50% are FAKE, empty, not working at all. Dont do it. If you find a working one, u still dont know if you bought 7293 or 7294 .
I was buying fast a2d converters from RS for about 12.
They were $1.50 at Ali Express.
I bought some to see if they worked or not and they were fine.
I continue to buy from Ali but only from same vendor I know was good.

Be careful with power electronics from China as some of the die's are very small compared to the genuine parts.
Old Today, 02:55 AM   #13
laplace is offline laplace  Australia
diyAudio Member

For sure, not everything from China is fake. Practically all your electronics comes from China anway; the only difference is who is validating which bits of the supply chains.

I have bought a *lot* of cheap Chinese electronics, and probably 95% of it works to-spec. As a gamble, it definitely pays off on average.

I will assemble some extras of my own boards using the 7294's I got in the kits; if they work (which I expect them to!) then they will get used in some other project. Maybe some shed speakers
Old Today, 04:33 AM   #14
nirupambhowmick is offline nirupambhowmick  India
diyAudio Member

I've no problem with china made product if it comes from a reputed seller like RS comp.....aliexpress is good if you want cheap components for experiments! It's not that they only sell cheap counterfeit products but the main problem is you can't rely on them.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20211126_201032.jpg (251.8 KB, 14 views)
  Reply to this post

TDA7293/94 aliexpress warningHide this!Advertise here!