TPA 3116 miniamp loudspeaker pop

Hi Folka I recently purchased a really cheap no-name amp from “Banggood” supposedly a TPA 3116 IC Tpa3116 class d bluetooth 5.0 hifi 2x50w stereo amplifier support usb tf card rca aux usb stick Sale - Banggood.com
…I just needed something simple for the bedroom. For the price the sound isn`t so bad but the speakers pop rather loudly on power-up . I`m afraid of eventual damage to the speakers so I`m looking to the experts for a solution. Is there a simple “filter” (spike suppression)? I could use on the line out? I once had a problem with “Hum” on a system and a simple filter solved it, so I`m thinking something similar. Can somebody help me please, I kinda like this amp. Obliged

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
This is a well known problem with the TPA3116/3118. It’s discussed in the monster thread and here. It’s not easy to fix - a relay with a delay is about all you can do easily. They are such low power usage devices, the easiest thing to do is to leave them on forever (until you need to move them etc). Turn them on and wait a few seconds before connecting the speakers.

It’s a good sounding amp for a lot of applications. If you want a pop-free amp try the TDA8932. It has anti pop built in.

I bought a cheap loudspeaker switch box, works fine, while I`'m waiting for....."…Digital Amplifier Speaker Protective Board BTL Steady Module for TDA7492 TDA7498 TPA3116 ….."
https://www.amazon.de/Digitaler-Verst%C3%A4rker-Lautsprecher-Schutzbrett-TDA7492/dp/B07J9NH6LT

This is a well known problem with the TPA3116/3118. It’s discussed in the monster thread and here. It’s not easy to fix - a relay with a delay is about all you can do easily. They are such low power usage devices, the easiest thing to do is to leave them on forever (until you need to move them etc). Turn them on and wait a few seconds before connecting the speakers.

It’s a good sounding amp for a lot of applications. If you want a pop-free amp try the TDA8932. It has anti pop built in.

Yes it is get a fosi audio 10a or BT10A or somthing like nobsound G3 or the 2021 updated version, no pop noise