Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

High-quality portable system: where to start?
High-quality portable system: where to start?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th June 2021, 07:55 PM   #51
noggers is offline noggers  United States
diyAudio Member

Most power tool LI batteries don't have discharge control. You can always use Dewalt DCB1820 20V to 18V adapter to address this.
Old 20th June 2021, 07:56 PM   #52
gattu marrudu is offline gattu marrudu  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10 View Post
How much, where, and what kind of damping do you have?
I have 1/4" foam around the external sides, top, bottom and back. I did not add dampening in the middle partition to leave room for reconfiguring the boards.

Quote:
Irrelevant.

You want more power stack two batteries.
What's irrelevant, the speakers' 15W rating or my 15W limit? (I assume it's the latter as you mention stacking batteries. But won't that push the drivers over their limit?)

Quote:
Excellent idea… i love my DeWalt 20v drill.

A bit expensive maybe, and one might want an 2nd charger (or at least the socket part) so you can really quickly swap batteries.
Yes, a scrap charger or tool sold "for parts" should do. I already have 3 batteries and that was part of the original idea. Easy swap would be critical as I imagine the battery would get drained quickly.
Old 20th June 2021, 07:57 PM   #53
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillybubba View Post
What's the potentiometer knob for on the front of the box?
A stock 100K from Parts Express.
Old 20th June 2021, 07:59 PM   #54
diyAudio Member

Uh, sorry, I misread—it's the volume control. Probably I would put it in the inset panel on the back next time. And change the power switch, which is what I had handy .That would make it more portable and less breakable.
Old 20th June 2021, 08:08 PM   #55
hillbillybubba is offline hillbillybubba  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gattu marrudu View Post
Uh, sorry, I misread—it's the volume control. Probably I would put it in the inset panel on the back next time. And change the power switch, which is what I had handy .That would make it more portable and less breakable.
You desoldered the one on the amp board? Or? How is it hooked up... I'd like to do something similar with mine, if possible?
Old 20th June 2021, 10:18 PM   #56
diyAudio Member

The board I got is very basic, no onboard controls or jacks, just the input and output contacts. But I guess that unless your board is highly miniaturized, you should be able to desolder the potentiometer and move it somewhere else, or even replace it with one that fits your output/speaker setup better.
  Reply to this post

High-quality portable system: where to start?Hide this!Advertise here!