Hardwired LM1875 from ALiexpress

Attachments

• LM1875Mk1.jpg
    LM1875Mk1.jpg
    489.3 KB · Views: 928
Last edited:
Hi Chris, Good to hear that you are not buried under snow.
Yes and no, aesthetics are something that is a part of HIFI-gear. A pleasure from just looking at it. Technically I fully agree with you.
If you have to sell it on "the human voice is closer and more poisonous" it means that you won't notice unless you are told.

Hi,

I'll make the following comments to answer most of yours above:

a. Currently I don't own an LM1875 and I heard from some users it sounded very good(in mids and high freq. spectrum) compared to an LM3886 which I do own.

b. The hardwiring seems attractive to me, in case it does not sound better than my LM3886 I can change(easier since it is hardwired) components such as LM1875, capacitors and lastly replace with better resistors. Besides the price is pretty reasonable. Just slap an enclosure and transformer on it, it is good to go, very easy. And I get a high quality amp.

c. I am using this amp to drive the mid and tweeter in a bi-amp configuration.

Thanks, everyone.

Last edited:
OK, if you feel that it is easier to change components with this layout. Getting to the LM1875 ICs seems difficult to me.
Genuine LM1875 are very well playing ICs. Strange that is is made with carbon film resistors.

desoldering LM1875 from PCB is more difficult if you don't have proper tools, also from another seller he offers Dale resistors instead, esp in feedback resistors are crucial.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I built a Pass ACA Class A amp this way. It was a lot of fun. I still use it in my office and it makes a great conversation piece. I would just make one rather than buy one. That’s where the fun is. And if you make one, make a classic like a Pass Class A or a JLH. Chip amps should be on PCBs.

560594d1468745610-amp-camp-amp-aca-img_4788.jpg

I also made a Pass F5, 2SK2013/2SJ313 Juma edition this way:
574333d1476267068-f5-2sk2013-2sj313-f5-j313-k2013-capacitance-multiplier-works.jpg

Last edited:
I built a Pass amp I think an F4, Class A, it has no real advantage except sucks plenty of watts. My current Class A EL84 driving my FR sounds quite good too.

Trying to replace my EL84s with ClassAB SS amp. with similar sound characteristics and consumes fewer watts.

Last edited:
I built a Pass amp I think an F4, Class A, it has no real advantage except sucks plenty of watts. My current Class A EL84 driving my FR sounds quite good too.

Trying to replace my EL84's with ClassAB SS amp. with similar sound characteristics and consumes fewer watts.

Hi ttan,
if i remember right the F4 has a gain of 0dB so you need a voltage amplification before.

LM1875
the comment of these chinese board is still not correct !...
the dual parallel output makes the sound field wider
there are no parallel chips per channel...but you are right its your decision.

yes the LM1875 sound very nice but it lack on power at lower impedance speakers and real chips...so fakes are everywhere.
i really recommend this chip also its " smaller brother" TDA UTC 2050 (reichelt 1 euro). at this thread a lot of diy try to squeze out a lot of ideas.
eBay mono LM1875 kit

Adison wrote it several times that this chip is very good but with composite or transduction version its really good...

additionally to this thread above a genial idea by FF was born to build a composite amp (bridged= 6 chips) with this chip...bad luck is that this idea stuck now..
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/chi...ation-composite-amplifier-60.html#post6384327

milosz try to investigate our ideas (thanks again) but his conclusion is right...without using SMD components (and i think personally no DC servo) its not easy to trim this amp properly.

i hoped that a guy like X :cheerful: like this idea and jump in....but this dont happened

chris

Hi ttan,
if i remember right the F4 has a gain of 0dB so you need a voltage amplification before.

LM1875
the comment of these chinese board is still not correct !...
the dual parallel output makes the sound field wider
there are no parallel chips per channel...but you are right its your decision.

yes the LM1875 sound very nice but it lack on power at lower impedance speakers and real chips...so fakes are everywhere.
i really recommend this chip also its " smaller brother" TDA UTC 2050 (reichelt 1 euro). at this thread a lot of diy try to squeze out a lot of ideas.
eBay mono LM1875 kit

Adison wrote it several times that this chip is very good but with composite or transduction version its really good...

additionally to this thread above a genial idea by FF was born to build a composite amp (bridged= 6 chips) with this chip...bad luck is that this idea stuck now..
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/chi...ation-composite-amplifier-60.html#post6384327

milosz try to investigate our ideas (thanks again) but his conclusion is right...without using SMD components (and i think personally no DC servo) its not easy to trim this amp properly.

i hoped that a guy like X :cheerful: like this idea and jump in....but this dont happened

chris

The hardwired LM1875 is not dual parallel but dual single channel.

TDA UTC 2050 may sound better, for the time being, LM1875 is fine with me, all amplifiers sound different each has its own sound signature.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi X

The idea was following:
ignition was the ebay kit LM1875...

There are a lot of fan of the LM1875 chip sound and we are starting with thinking of lower gain and make the power better = more LM1875. with two or more of TO220 housing you can share the heat dissipation better...

...the idea of a composite amp is not new but we dont see a ready pcb or other amps with a composite construction.

FF start to think big and try to make an easy amp (THT) which is scale able and this amp should be easy to build for every body.
FF and and other strictly keep the recommendation of the datasheet to do not set the gain lower then 20db..otherwise you got bad oscillation. but after some members wrote that an inverted amp is more stable and especially with composite method you get a very good amp. now we tested that a inverted LM1875 with a gain of 3,5 to 5 is very stable and needs just a good opamp in front.
finally we have no single composite amp on pcb nor a big amp like Faux French version of 3 parallel LM1875 + bridged.

chris

are you interested ;):)

Last edited: