Help identifying lme49710 preamplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello there, I have recently bought a lme49710na based preamplifier and can't find any information on it. I would like to ask the community for some advice on what it is based on, what benefits it has and if the characteristics can be changed with a simple opamp drop in ,like for like replacement, it currently sounds a little bright and bass light in my system.
Any information would be greatly appreciated. Please note I am a complete novice so please use layman's terms if you can.

Attachments

• 20210127_163218.jpg
    20210127_163218.jpg
    964.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 20210127_163238.jpg
    20210127_163238.jpg
    716.3 KB · Views: 92
The LME49710 is half of an LME49720, so at least you can get the data sheet for it.

I haven't had any issues with the LME49710/720 in sockets. Then again, I do use a ground plane and decoupling capacitors located as close to the supply pins as possible.

I would support the upright TO-220 devices mechanically. I really don't like how they just dangle with those exposed "heat sinks" (aka strips of folded aluminum).

Tom

Thanks for that. Any simple ideas on how to support them. Is there a ready made solution I could use based on my non existing skills .
What I would like to know is. Did the original designer follow a recognised preamp design. If so what does it compare too.
Regarding the implementation, it really sounds clean with no noise even with the volume up high.
I am just very curious as to how this amp was developed. With my limited knowledge, I haven't heard anything close to as revealing as this preamp. I have listened to relatively low end stuff in comparison but quite a range. NVA passive, Audiolab 8000q, Chinese tube pre. Nothing is near this for clarity and separation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.