Xmas Amp - Dibya's TDA7293 by Jhofland

Ironically, I've just achieved the kind of "magic smoke" success that xrk971, redjr and bloqhed described. I stupidly decided to save some money by purchasing a few TDA7293 ICs from a Chinese vendor and -- shockingly -- things did not go well. Lesson learned and the order I had planned on placing with Newark now includes a few TDA7293s. I'll continue buying standoffs, screws, knobs, feet and other basic parts from inexpensive Chinese sources but will spend the few extra bucks to get the operative components from reliable sources.

And yup, the attached clip is exactly what you'd expect.

Regards.
I instantly jumped to open the window .....

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Folks:

This project took a while longer than expected but is now finished. As background, my younger daughter and I built a Gainclone together about 14 years ago (see https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/chip-amp-photo-gallery.79303/page-63#post-1988901). That amp is on its last legs now (i.e., another project for me!) and Jamie suggested we work on a new project together. I needed no convincing. My daughter is now a very busy journalist with limited availability. When time permitted, she came home to visit and we'd find a few hours to work on her amp. She did most of the soldering and drilling; I did the rest. We had a few problems along the way (e.g., see post #1,017) but persevered and are very happy with the result. This new integrated amplifier will soon be installed in Jamie's apartment where it will be thoroughly enjoyed.

This was great fun. Projects like this don't happen without the amazing generosity and support of the members of this fine community. In this case, many, many thanks to Jhofland, Dibya, Prasi and the endlessly enterprising xrk971! I appreciate your fine work and the opportunity to spend more time with one of my kids.

Regards,
Scott

Attachments

• Jamie's New Amp (front panel dark).jpg
    Jamie's New Amp (front panel dark).jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Jamie's New Amp (overview).jpg
    Jamie's New Amp (overview).jpg
    832.8 KB · Views: 54
  • Jamie's New Amp (rear panel).jpg
    Jamie's New Amp (rear panel).jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 52