LM1875 sound signature?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone, i started this thread because i never heard a lm1875 amp and want to know more about it. I have plenty of lm3886 and i'm very impressed by its sonic qualities. Very nice sounding and super low end reproduction but i don't know about 1875. As you know this one is the ultimate warrior of 5 pin chipamps (UTC 2030/50 hard to find here and globally) and that's why i want to store couple of them for future diy projects. It's not about power or vanishing THD figures, just think about a good 20watt amplifier. How it sounds? :) Btw i have made 2030 and 2050 in past and liked both.
Tda2030A was good at low end and i found 2050 little bit bright but strong :yes:

Last edited:
Hi nirupambhowmick,

I have 2 LM1875 amplifiers, one stereo and another in dual mono and 2 per channel.

The LM1875 with good parts and a good power supply provides a really transparent and neutral midrange. More than the 3886.

In return, the bass has less impact. On a first 1875 that I had, the high frequencies were behind, but this is not the case with my 2 amplifiers.

I suggest you try them and you can judge for yourself.

hi

its important to buy the LM1875 at Digikey or other "real" sources. other wise the chip sound like at higher power level strange or you get a pop during listening!!
very good is the UTC TDA2050 chip. one chip cost 1 Euro and the sound is very good. i have a lot of the LM1875 and UTC amps and i just can say the UTC is a very good chip and cheap...but max 21V at 4R.
LM1875 is nice in treble and the power optimal at 8R speakers...max voltage 30V...28V

chris

at the ebay kit LM1875 you will find some ideas:

Natsemi lm1875

Today a small wish of mine came true!

Attachments

• 20210107_144714.jpg
    20210107_144714.jpg
    744.2 KB · Views: 311
hi

its important to buy the LM1875 at Digikey or other "real" sources. other wise the chip sound like at higher power level strange or you get a pop during listening!!
very good is the UTC TDA2050 chip. one chip cost 1 Euro and the sound is very good. i have a lot of the LM1875 and UTC amps and i just can say the UTC is a very good chip and cheap...but max 21V at 4R.
LM1875 is nice in treble and the power optimal at 8R speakers...max voltage 30V...28V

chris

at the ebay kit LM1875 you will find some ideas:

I reported that in a separate thread. Im wondering if thats where your mention is coming from or if you had a personal incident. If latter could i hear more detail of your symptom?

Additionally my alledgedly fake 1875s were also harder to stabilize

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi everyone, i started this thread because i never heard a lm1875 amp and want to know more about it. I have plenty of lm3886 and i'm very impressed by its sonic qualities. Very nice sounding and super low end reproduction but i don't know about 1875. As you know this one is ultimate warrior of 5 pin chipamps (UTC 2030/50 hard to find here and globally) and that's why i want to store couple of them for future diy projects. It's not about power or vanishing THD figures, just think about a good 20watt amplifier. How it sounds? :) Btw i have made 2030 and 2050 in past and liked both.
Tda2030A was good at low end and i found 2050 little bit bright but strong :yes:

sound of LM1875 chip depends on the circuit used
inverting sounds better than noninverting, if good input buffer is used
transconductance circuit can sound even better, if paired with right speakers

I reported that in a separate thread. Im wondering if thats where your mention is coming from or if you had a personal incident. If latter could i hear more detail of your symptom?

Additionally my alledgedly fake 1875s were also harder to stabilize

Most counterfeit 5pin chipamp behaves like that. Same experience but with fake tda2050. When push to clipping they make loud pop. I attached a photo of authentic lm1875t.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1610133229646.jpg
    FB_IMG_1610133229646.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 231
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.