50W + 50W TDA7492 CSR8635 Pre Amp ---- No Audio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,

I have recently bought this board off of Banggood to use learn about the CSR8635 bluetooth module mostly.

I attacked a 9V power Supply along with two 4 Ohm speakers and it worked perfectly. i then paused it and walked away to work on another project.

When i came back to it about half an hour later, the board was still connected however i was not able to get it to play music again.

I turned it on and off again, and even then there were no enabling sounds from the bluetooth coming out of the speakers.

I increased the power supply to 12V.

I shorted pin 10 and pin 8 as i found in a previous thread to constantly enable the boards pre amp and that didnt work.

I then pulled the RST pin of the CSR8635 to GND to force a reset of the board to see if there was another enabling problem but still to no avail.

The buttons on the board that control volume previous and next songs and pause still triggered on the phone i was using just no audio being outputted anymore.

Has anyone had a similar problem? if so is there a fix?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe.

I figured out what the problem was!

I ended up buying another and despite the soldering and placement of components being pretty shabby on both, i noticed that there is some soldering underneath the TDA7492 on the board. There are 12 drill holes with solder pads. i presume this are the ground plane connections for the IC.

So i got my soldering iron and went over them again and removed any excess with some solder wick. and it started to work again!

Now i got to of the things... ahh well. Moral of the story don't give up until it starts smoking!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.