DC offset on TDA7293 3-way parallel configuration

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi FauxFrench, when you say at the TDA7293 input, which input, IN+ (Pin 3)?

It can be at any of the two inputs (pin 2 or pin 3). For such amplifiers, there should be no significant input bias current flowing to or from any of the two inputs. If for instance a capacitor leaks and leaves a small current flow towards an input pin, this will result in an offset at the output when the TDA7293 tries to compensate for that current.
You mentioned that you have an output offset of 1V (clearly too much). My feeling is that the chance that an input offset voltage error (causing the output offset voltage) on a TDA7293 chip changes so much without leaving the chip fully defect is small. Does that channel play or is it "dead"? If it plays but with an offset of 1V, it is likely to be a fault in the input to the TDA7293.
Have you got a rather high impedance headphone or an oscilloscope?
Would you happen to have a schematic of that Linn amplifier?
Without loads (speakers) at the outputs, will anything get hot or in other way overloaded?

@FauxFrench,

I have the schematic, but while troubleshooting touched something else and power supply blew up a resistor. Now need to figure out the resistor value and type since it a weird long SMD resistor.

Hi Vic,

The resistor value is "R047" meaning 47mOhm! It seems to be a power type accepting at least 2W (my guess).

Doing some investigation without knowing the exact circuit for the TDA7293 may be possible assuming that the application circuit from the datasheet is reasonably close.
Repairing a higher power SMPS circuit, using an IR2110S and an SG3524, without knowing the exact design is almost impossible. Try if you can find that schematics.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.