Aux issue

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a TDA7492 25w+25w Bluetooth amplifier board by sanwu. I've been using this board from past 1 month and I had no issues. But today when I plugged in a 3.5mm audio jack, it didn't recognize. This board always switches from Bluetooth to line in whenever we plug in an audio jack. But now it's not happening
Can anyone help in solving this issue...

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I have a TDA7492 25w+25w Bluetooth amplifier board by sanwu. I've been using this board from past 1 month and I had no issues. But today when I plugged in a 3.5mm audio jack, it didn't recognize. This board always switches from Bluetooth to line in whenever we plug in an audio jack. But now it's not happening
Can anyone help in solving this issue...

Was it a different jack from the first times when it worked? Different source? What was different? That is always the first logical question.

Jan

The way this usually works is that the jack has an extra set of switch contacts that can be used to signal whether there is something plugged in. Find the pins going to these and check continuity with a multimeter, both plugged and unplugged. The solder joints on these 3.5 mm jacks are notoriously susceptible to breaking under mechanical stress, more so when they aren't very good to begin with (brittle lead-free solder doesn't necessarily help either), so inspect those closely.

If this doesn't lead anywhere, you may have to measure voltage there and possibly follow the traces. Having a shorted ceramic capacitor on there wouldn't help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.