Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

How to calculate the min. feedback resistor value in op-amps.
How to calculate the min. feedback resistor value in op-amps.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th December 2019, 07:18 PM   #41
Mark Tillotson is online now Mark Tillotson
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr View Post
Thanks for the help everyone! I think the thread answers many questions with feedback in an interesting way. I think it's time to experiment a little. Maybe I will design some matrixes of resistors for the experimentation. Maybe I can also measure some THD's for low frequencies?

Yes, do that, but if the resistor is reasonably rated for the dissipation and metal film / thin film its going to be a small effect only at lowest frequencies. Using a 0.1% metal film with 25ppm tempco will nail the issue as temperature variations matter way less for a very-low tempco resistor.
Old 4th December 2019, 08:15 PM   #42
Piotr is offline Piotr  Poland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Tillotson View Post
Yes, do that, but if the resistor is reasonably rated for the dissipation and metal film / thin film its going to be a small effect only at lowest frequencies. Using a 0.1% metal film with 25ppm tempco will nail the issue as temperature variations matter way less for a very-low tempco resistor.

I have quite exspensive colection of X, Y, Z-foils ranging from 0.2 to 5PPM too. I'm not using them anymore anywhere. There is something wrong with them, with this foil construction. I think that normal 25PPM metal films are ok as you said.

How to calculate the min. feedback resistor value in op-amps.Hide this!Advertise here!