Problems with LM3886 chip amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone

I was trying to build LM3886 amplifier and can't figure it out how to make it work. I tried t ofollow the guide on circuitbasics. A Complete Guide to Design and Build a Hi-Fi LM3886 Amplifier - Circuit Basics

I made my own pcb (LM3886 - Album on Imgur) according to the linked image. First problem i figured is that my 12V toroid, makes to the mute circuit only 15,5 V, so instead of zener I just connected the contact with wire. Thought that should work, but nothing has changed.

When i turn on the amp for a split second i can hear some noise and then it's gone. Only other way to get some sound is to try to move the speaker contact wires (i guess it's just some noise out of moving conductor).

I guess this had happened for someone during all these years of this chip, but couldn't find anything to solve it here. Maybe someone can help me to find the solution and to make it work.
Thanks.

On your pcb image on imgur, you have capacitors on V- incorectly positioned...

Thank you for noticing it, that was the problem, it's working now. Since I'm quite fresh in electronics, I didn't realize before that if you're going for negative voltage, capacitors have to be directed with - to more negative, not ground. Now I've learned something new.

About 100nF, it was a typo in schematics, there's 100uF soldered there.

As i understand it was not working because only one rail was giving stable voltage and it was 15V, which is not enough to run the chip.

Also here's my setup (temporary for testing) LM3886 setup - Album on Imgur.
It didn't fit in the shot, but before the toroid there's lightbulb connected to the hot wire of 220V.

Thank you guys again for helping me

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.