CSR 8645 OR CSR 64215 for 10watts bluetooth speaker.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I have just completed a small speaker build that I plan on using as bluetooth speaker. The drivers that I have used are pretty good and 5 watts each. For the amplifier I'm planning to use the CSR 8654 bluetooth amp module but I'm not sure whether I should use it directly to power my drivers or use a seperate amplifer in the setup as well. Also is CSR64215 a better choice? Thank you!!!!

I'd recommend finding a single module though with a built in amplifier. Otherwise eliminating ground loop noise from the Bluetooth module can be quite tricky. This is a good one (I've used one) but only works well with 8 ohm speakers as it uses BTL mode to get 6W per channel. It includes battery charging circuit for a single li-ion cell or parallel pack or can run off USB.

NZ$ 11.32 20%OFF | AIYIMA Bluetooth Audio Amplifier Board 2*6W Dual Channel Stereo Amplifiers 5V 3.7V Lithium Battery Power For 6-8Ohm Speaker DIY
AliExpress

YouTube

In this build video guy has used CSR8654 directly with drivers, timestamp 15:50. In the sound test video his speaker sound to be promising but still I wanted to go ahead with more clarity rather than just following steps.
The module they used has 2 audio amplifier ICs on the back, you can see them in the photos.

The module he links looks similar to the one you linked but the amp chip your Amazon listing mentions does not seem to be a 5W amplifier.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.