Looking for best Tiny Low Power Stereo Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,
I am looking for an Amp board for a DIY Bluetooth Speaker.
I plan to stuff a T1-1828s and an ND25FA-4 into as tiny a wooden box as possible. Essentially, an oversized Toblerone bar. Frequency separation and equalization will be handled by an ADAU1701.

The one thing I'm struggling with is finding the right Amp board for the job. There is a ridiculous amount of designs on eBay and Ali and only a few of them come with actual specs. As a result, I'm quite lost.

I am looking for the best Stereo Amp with 5W+ RMS/10W+ max per channel into 4Ω drivers. It shouldn't be larger than 80mmx55mmx15mm. Smaller than that would be great.

I do not care about features like a volume knob, balance knob, etc. I only care about performance (Dynamic Range, SINAD, frequency response, ...)

As this is a battery powered project and thermal management will be tricky, efficiency is also important.

So far, this seems to me like a good contender, but I'm sure there are better.

I look forward to any suggestions!

For such low power I will suggest a TPA3118 based amplifier (one chip per channel) or an YDA138 (Yamaha) amplifier (also one chip per channel). The new PAM8620 chip I do not know but the old PAM8610 sounded fine. A disadvantage for PAM chip boards is that they have no output filter. 12V supply for both suggestions.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the pointers! The only Amps with one TPA3118 per channel that I could find were quite large. All the smaller ones use one chip for both channels. There is the XH-M531 which is small enough and uses two YDA138s but as always, I couldn't find any specs :(. Lastly, it seems like Droking is the only manufacturer to use the PAM8620 and so there is barely any information about it. Mhm..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.