Lm4766 Variants

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Cambridge Audio 25w stereo amp which was given to me as one output channel has packed in.
I'll replace a few componants but the 15 pin LM4766 comes as a 40W per channel with the non-isolated "NDL" and a 30W per channel with isolated "NDB"?
Also I see NOPB versions of which I can make out contain lead if this is of any relevence.
What type would I need (the 30w being th eobvios?) and where could I buy one online in the uk please?
I am no EE expert I just like messing with things may I add with some basic knowledge.

Last edited:
Looks like the LM4766 is obsolete. None of the usual suppliers have any stock. NOPB means No Pb ie No lead.
Amazon has 2, at £13.63, but this supplier is new, joined last month and from the delivery times appears to be in China so I wouldn't trust him. It could be a fake, or recovered chip from an old PCB - yes Ive been caught out this way - but I did get a refund.
Ali-Express have some see Buy lm4766 and get free shipping on AliExpress.com but again there is no guarantee they are not fakes. They are not a lot of money but beware the delivery could be a couple of months.

Thnx for the prompt replies,
I have the tabbed version but was wondering if the 30w vs 40w was of relevence.
DigiKey looks a promising link.
Thnx for the heads up re fake parts. It would have never of crossed me mind.
It's just a project for the fun of it so there's no pressure... Thnx

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
The actual chip... the electronics will be the same for the 30 and 40 watt types, the different power handling comes from the fact the plastic package isn't as good as conducting heat away and into the heatsink as is the metal one.

So the plastic package performance is derated to allow for that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.