Need help to get rid of noise

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have an amp that somehow makes noise that looks like a square wave around 1kHZ, and it gets to the output amplified. It's only present when the amp is turned on, so it's coming from the amp itself. The output (both channels) looks like this when no input signal is present:
wGk4mlVBdk8tQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

I'm also attaching the schematic. The amp doesn't even have digital circuits apart from a digital clock IC, and that doesn't seem to generate 1kHZ at any pin. So where is that noise coming from? :confused:

Attachments

• schematic.pdf
    281.3 KB · Views: 96
  • schematic(1).pdf
    285.6 KB · Views: 68
Try to identify the problem area by scoping the various modules in the amp to see where the issue is generated. Usually this kind of problem occurs in a negative feedback loop or through coupling through the psu. I would suspect a faulty capacitor somewhere but without a bit more diagnostic info that's about all I can say.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.