LM1875 Power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I stay in region (India) where AC supply is 230V but all toroidal transformer are 115V , I want to make a power supply.
Is this transformer look good ? I never heard of this brand.

https://in.element14.com/multicomp/mcta030-12/transformer-toroidal-2-x-12v-30va/dp/9530304

That will work, but at 30 VA that one has enough power to supply only one LM1875, if you are building a stereo amp you will need one of those for each channel, or get a transformer with a higher VA rating.

Mike

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• Dibya-1.gif
    Dibya-1.gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 284
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
12 volt windings are going to give around -/+ 17 volts DC or 34 volts in total. That's maybe not such a bad thing for a starter project and it would allow a modest output of around 12 to 15 watts RMS into 8 ohm.

It really all depends what you want from the project.

12 volt windings are going to give around -/+ 17 volts DC or 34 volts in total. That's maybe not such a bad thing for a starter project and it would allow a modest output of around 12 to 15 watts RMS into 8 ohm.

It really all depends what you want from the project.
I just want clean 10w of power at max , then not a issue .
Now one thing , anyone can recommend me a good diode bridge ?
I always combined four 1N4007 as a kid but that not a good rectifier for audio I believe but fine to drive leds on school fest .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.