Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

'Best' LM3886 PCBs (both single & parallel)
'Best' LM3886 PCBs (both single & parallel)
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th June 2019, 03:56 PM   #11
00940 is offline 00940  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealJ View Post
There's one on the (mis) Adventures in HiFi website that 00940 put together from Mouser
In this particular case, the last two resistors are the ones which have to be changed to their 0.1% version. A 1/2W rating at least.

Something like:
CMF5520K800BER6 Vishay / Dale | Mouser Belgique (no 22k1 in stock but this is close enough)
CMF551K0000BEEB Vishay / Dale | Mouser Belgique

The output resistors could be:
LVR05R2000FE73 Vishay / Dale | Mouser Belgique
Old 5th July 2019, 08:30 AM   #12
john20851 is offline john20851  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hi, I always read some of the problems people have in building projects, as it has been my business and hobby for over fifty years. I notice that you dismiss 'out of hand' lm3886 boards by kmtech, stating that you had to file the boards. I must say I'm surprised, I have built twenty or so of kmtechs split rail lm3886 boards, and PROVIDING the lm3886 is mounted correctly and not just soldered in they will fit. I have used dozens of these chips, all from extremely reputable suppliers, and in almost every case the chips connections are misplaced due to incorrect packing. I do think it a little un fair to dismiss someones products for this reason. I actually mount the ic to the heatsink, then the board, and then solder. As I said though, I've never had any ic thatr I haven't had to straighten or align some or all of the pins. You can get 'straighteners' for dil ics, but not offset ones.
regards john
Old 5th July 2019, 07:11 PM   #13
lost eden is offline lost eden  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Much of my reticence toward using the KMTech boards comes from the fact that the parallel board they sold me literally does not work without modification, as the mute components are simply not implemented. In a response to my question via eBay they explained that this was an older version of the board they'd sold me, where the mute components were left out for the user to implement themselves, either globally or per IC. However the fact that this wasn't mentioned anywhere in the listing, nor in the printed instructions, nor is there any support on the board (in terms of pads or thru holes) to actually add these components, makes it look a lot like they simply forgot them & don't want to own up to the mistake. I see the version of the board they're selling on eBay now is different & actually has a trace to pin 8 of each chip.
Old 11th July 2019, 12:34 PM   #14
lost eden is offline lost eden  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

PCBs arrived from JLCPCB, components from Mouser should get here on Monday. The aforementioned BOM is missing the SMD resistor R8 for the bottom of the board, so I ordered these which I'm pretty sure are the correct size;

CRCW120622K0FKEA Vishay / Dale | Mouser United Kingdom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190711_115226.jpg (266.9 KB, 97 views)

'Best' LM3886 PCBs (both single & parallel)Hide this!Advertise here!