He, who cannot be named ... (LM2876, why haven't I heard about it yet?)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
He Folks,

I was about to order some LM1875, as I discovered (I'm still a Newbie) this Chip, which seems to be the bigger Brother of the LM1875, with a good spoonfull of added Power, a little less Noise and some nice Features like Over- and Undervoltage Protection, Mute and Spike-Protection.
The Datasheet looks like that this is the Chip, I've been searching for.
LM3886 is a little to powerful for my interest, and the LM2876 seems to be the Chip for me.
Why didn't I read a Thing about it here on the board or elsewhere (and I read a lot)? Is it somehow cursed, or has a bad Habit that makes it unuseable?

best regards
J.

Well, I don't really see the point of using that chip. It's not any cheaper than a lm3886 (at least at mouser), has worse distortion specs (compare fig. 21 in the lm2876 datasheet and fig. 23 in the lm3886 one) and half the output current (notice how all measurements are taken at 8r ?).

And since the lm3886 can operate at the same voltages, why not go for the lm3886 anyway ?

"One LM to conquer them all."

The one thing is - your PSU. If you want protection to kick in earlier; you NEED a weaker chip.

Or else; you need a PSU that has it's own protection built-in.

If you want to scale down and avoid Spike; go for the 3886 (or 3876 if you can get one).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.