Td7266 audio amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone!!
I thank all those who replied my earlier threads. This thread is mainly an awareness for all those diyers who Love to build their own audio amplifier boards but have none by their side to help them out.

Anyway, I happen to get hold of two Tda7266 chips from my local market and used one of them to build an amplifier for home use. The circuit looked quite cool, simple and neat after completion since it uses very few external components. But, after powering up the circuit heaven broke on my head when one of the channels of the amplifier remained totally silent even on full volume!!

On a thorough check out, I found that the pins 13, 14 & 15 which were VCC 2, OUT 2+ & OUT 2 - were actually internally open inside the chip. Then I tried the second IC which too was having the same manufacturing defect at the same three pins. So I want to advice all my friends here to check the pins of ICs with a multimeter before buying them if they are buying it from a store. Better carry your multimeter with you :)

Attachments

• 1559640913766224874644.jpg
    1559640913766224874644.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 90
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.